- Henry County's Top 10 Stories
- Henry commissioners go to war over county manager | POLL
- January hearings set in Cantrell shooting trial
- Henry elections chief retires after 16 years
- Schools out starting Monday
- Henry BOE named a GSBA Distinguished Board
- Local high schoolers earn recognition for artwork
- Piedmont Henry Hospital gets first stroke specialist
- Henry County Board of Commissioners denies Dollar General rezoning proposal
- QuikTrip partners with charity to sponsor Atlanta NASCAR race
Smith-Barnes presents ‘The Polar Express’ | VIDEO 1 day, 7 hours ago
HENRYHERALD.COM: Get it to go!
Daily summaries and Breaking News alerts to your inbox -- free for all registered users. Sign In to Sign Up
- Mr.. Emmett Itson 5 hours, 23 minutes
- Mr.. William Carl McMillen 5 hours, 23 minutes
- Mrs.. Gloria Antionette Rice 5 hours, 23 minutes
- Ernest Clough, Jr.. 5 hours, 23 minutes
- Jimmy Crumbley 5 hours, 23 minutes
- Butts County authorities arrest trio of burglary suspects 11 hours, 48 minutes
- Henry County Church Bulletin 1 day
- Connecting Point Church hosting Christmas Eve service on McDonough Square 1 day
- Georgia Cancer Specialists renews Totes 2 Tots campaign 1 day
- BELL: Christians are under the shelter of God’s forgiveness 1 day
- Three killed in two separate crashes in Henry County 1 day
- Henry police, deputies aid in busting major meth ring in Clayton 1 day
- Henry leaders, residents dispute whether ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ reference is racist 1 day
- Henry commissioners promise progress, growth ahead of new terms 1 day
- Rookie teachers in Henry recognized with Georgia Power assistance grants 1 day
From Aug. 31 to Sept. 1, 1864, Union and Confederate forces fought the Battle of Jonesborough, as Jonesboro’s name was spelled at the time. The objective was to cut off the Macon & Western Rail Road, which was the last supply line for Confederates entrenched in Atlanta, said historian Peter Bonner, owner of Historical & Hysterical Tours/peterbonner.com. The Union won the battle, which forced an immediate evacuation of Atlanta by Confederate troops. Historians and Civil War scholars believe the fall of Atlanta, in turn, guaranteed Abraham Lincoln’s re-election as president, said Bonner.
The newspapers will now move into their last semifinal round of their ‘What’s Your Favorite Christmas Song?’ competition.
The Henry Daily Herald and Clayton News Daily are seeking reader comments and votes on the best foods for New Year’s Day.
Jodeco Road United Methodist Church brings out deeper meaning of Christmas with live nativity trail | VIDEO | PHOTOS
Jodeco Road United Methodist Church in Stockbridge celebrated the Christmas season with its annual two-night live nativity trail over the weekend.
There were 20 restaurants evaluated in Henry County from Dec. 8 to Dec. 12.
QuikTrip has partnered with national nonprofit organization Folds of Honor to sponsor the March 1 NASCAR race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Butts County authorities arrest trio of burglary suspects
- Connecting Point Church hosting Christmas Eve service on McDonough Square
- Georgia Cancer Specialists renews Totes 2 Tots campaign
- Henry commissioners promise progress, growth ahead of new terms
- Rookie teachers in Henry recognized with Georgia Power assistance grants
- Ebola, celebrity deaths tops for 2014 web searches in Georgia
- Georgia releases 2014 College and Career Ready Performance Index scores
- Music producer Jermaine Dupri's Atlanta mansion in foreclosure
- Stomach virus prompts temporary closure of Newton Co. school
- State approves heavier planes at Gainesville airport
- Hall Co. Sheriff aims to equip deputies with body cameras
- 3 Georgia corrections officers sentenced in inmate beating
- Small plane makes unplanned landing on north Georgia freeway
- New Falcons stadium now to cost $1.4 billion, up from original $1 billion tag
- Georgia's Luke Bryan cancels CMT Artist of the Year appearance following death in family
- Jodeco Road United Methodist Church brings out deeper meaning of Christmas with live nativity trail | VIDEO | PHOTOS
- Locust Grove High student named November SOTM
- Needy Henry County families helped by annual Community Cares Toy Shop event
- Road to Tara Museum offering 75-cent admission on 'Gone With The Wind' anniversary | VIDEO | PHOTOS
- Connecting Henry receives Speedway Children’s Charities grant for GED program