McDONOUGH — A Locust Grove man who was in and out of state prison four times in 20 years is back in the county jail on theft, weapons and drug charges.
Brett Clinton McElwaney, 45, is being held on $100,000 bond in the Henry County Jail following his arrest Thursday. He is charged with theft by receiving stolen property, being a habitual violator, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and use of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
McElwaney's preliminary hearing has been reset to Oct. 2. He made his first appearance in Henry Magistrate Court Friday morning.
Georgia Department of Corrections records show McElwaney was most recently released from prison in January 2011.
In other court action Friday:
• A Riverdale man on parole until December 2017 for trafficking methamphetamine is being held on $10,000 bond in the Henry County Jail. Dorian Maurice Allen, 28, served more than two years on the charge before being released in May 2011. He was arrested Thursday and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Allen, who asked for a court-appointed attorney, reportedly has a tattoo that reads "Only God can judge me."
• Johnny Lee Kelsey, 39, of Ft. Worth, Texas, was arrested for terroristic threats and acts and public intoxication. When he made his first appearance Friday morning, he told Henry Magistrate Wes Shannon he didn't want a court-appointed attorney.
"Just go ahead and get it over with now," he said.
Shannon bound over the case for prosecution and set a $5,000 bond for Kelsey.
• Maschell Alphanso McDonald, 28, of Stockbridge got a $15,000 bond on three counts of terroristic threats and acts. He asked Shannon to appoint a public defender to represent him.
• Camesha Jakeba Johnson, 40, of McDonough was arrested Thursday and charged with felony theft by taking involving an alleged $4,544 theft. She was released on bond within hours of her arrest and made her first appearance Friday morning.
• Charlotte Elizabeth Hill, 44, of Locust Grove got a $5,000 bond for possession of methamphetamine and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Kimberly Dae Quisenberry, 22, of Rex was arrested for felony theft by taking, involving an alleged theft of $2,858 in items. She was released on bond.
All suspects should be considered innocent until proven guilty.