Georgia Power employees have come together to take part in the American Cancer Society’s Run for the Reason fundraiser.
School Notebook 4-25-15
McDonough’s Jonathan Beall was named winner of the Cengage Undergraduate Paper Award, along with Tyler Allee of Rome.
Experts stress public health concerns
Georgia Agriculture Commissioner Gary W. Black is alerting Georgians to the expanded recall of all Blue Bell Creameries products currently in the marketplace, due to possible health risk.
New ensemble medals in Winds World Championship
Ola High is a winner in the gym on many, less typical levels — in music and visual arts.
First open house-style meeting April 30
School officials plan to host a listening tour throughout Henry County in an effort to help citizens stay engaged and have their questions more conveniently answered.
Ola High’s Nathan Loughner is among 183 graduating seniors as a 2015 Georgia Scholars, announced the Georgia Department of Education this week.
All but the multi-tier stage is set for large production of “Oliver,” the theatrical adaptation of the Charles Dickens novel “Oliver Twist.”
Shane’s Rib Shack is having a western-themed party.
The Stockbridge Community Arts Center, 146 Burke St. in Stockbridge, is hosting The Paris Dancer’s Senior Moments, a combination of dance and comedy.
Stormy weather didn’t keep thousands of car lovers from attending the Summit Racing Equipment’s Motorama at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend.
Show to feature intimate performances from 7 singers
The Henry Players, the county’s acting troupe, is preparing for an intimate dinner and show fundraising gala April 25.
Henry County’s annual Relay for Life, the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society is April 24 at Hampton High School, 795 Hampton-Locust Grove Road.
The children are used to the visitors — adults toting notebooks and mobile devices to evaluate their class.
Taste of Henry was every foodie’s dream, drawing hungry crowds despite heavy rains Friday night.
Woodland High senior Anna Latimer has been annouced a Corporate-Sponsored Merit Scholarship winner by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- EUGENE ROBINSON: The long shadow of racism
- Geranium Drop returning to McDonough Square
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: Oct. 5, 2012
- AROUND HENRY/Sept. 6, 2012: Scarecrow contest coming up
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Mobile Food Pantry, Friday, in McDonough
- AROUND HENRY/Aug. 17, 2012: Final points competition for Friday Night Drags
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Women's ministry treks to Warm Springs
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/ Aug. 7, 2012: Hampton City Council to meet
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/Aug. 1, 2012: BOC millage rate adjustment meeting is Wednesday
- AROUND HENRY: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kindness Works Christmas Party brings holiday joy
- Chiropractic office supports children’s shelter
- Heyward headlines ‘Real Men’ campaign
- Heartfelt gesture in Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society seeks volunteer drivers
- ClubCorp Charity Classic coming to Eagle’s Landing 1 comment
- Simpson Street home a neighborhood jewel
- Event raises money for singer’s childhood vision
- Legacy Build kicks off Sunday
- Friendship blossoms into charity