Beginning Feb. 9, Henry Baptist Church, 4035 Jodeco Road in McDonough, will host DivorceCare, a weekly support group for people searching for help and healing.
Haylee Hammond of McDonough is one of 96 men and women pledging to perform 10 months of national service as part of the Atlantic Region’s 21st Class of the National Civilian Community Corps.
Some low-to-moderate income taxpayers may have to find a new place to receive tax preparation assistance this year.
Lemmy, a pointer mix, is a gorgeous boy with black spots on his white coat and the warmest chestnut eyes.
I know everyone has seen people standing on a street corner with a sign asking for money or help in some way.
Ryan and Beth Gibbs announce the birth of their daughter, Bristol Ann Gibbs.
The fifth time is a charm for Kathleen Mabutin.
Officials anticipate positive news in education funding this coming year for Henry County Schools.
Not long ago I listened to more possible terrorist warnings — threats to the West, like the Paris tragedy.
Congressman David Scott (GA-13) plans to host a special ceremony to honor 29 students from Georgia’s 13th Congressional District with nominations to attend one of the nation’s esteemed military service academies, which include the United States Air Force, Merchant Marine, Military (West Point) and Naval academies.
As we celebrated Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday earlier this week, I think it’s a good time for the church — the Body of Christ in America — to look inward on our own role in helping to mold and shape the coming generations.
About 100 site sponsors from across the state turned out for the inaugural Summer Food Service Program Summit at Merle Manders Conference Center on Tuesday.
This year’s winner is Anne Ocampo.
Upcoming community events in Henry County.
School Notebook 1-21-15
Organizers are gearing up efforts to fund a literacy campaign that seeks to put books in the hands of Henry County’s youngest readers.
- Geranium Drop returning to McDonough Square
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: Oct. 5, 2012
- AROUND HENRY/Sept. 6, 2012: Scarecrow contest coming up
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Mobile Food Pantry, Friday, in McDonough
- AROUND HENRY/Aug. 17, 2012: Final points competition for Friday Night Drags
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Women's ministry treks to Warm Springs
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/ Aug. 7, 2012: Hampton City Council to meet
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/Aug. 1, 2012: BOC millage rate adjustment meeting is Wednesday
- AROUND HENRY: July 20, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kindness Works Christmas Party brings holiday joy
- Chiropractic office supports children’s shelter
- Heyward headlines ‘Real Men’ campaign
- Heartfelt gesture in Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society seeks volunteer drivers
- ClubCorp Charity Classic coming to Eagle’s Landing 1 comment
- Simpson Street home a neighborhood jewel
- Event raises money for singer’s childhood vision
- Legacy Build kicks off Sunday
- Friendship blossoms into charity