Cups for Pups also available at shop
McDONOUGH — Animals at the Henry County Humane Society are poised to have a very merry Christmas this year.
Piedmont Henry Hospital’s 14th annual golf tournament raised over $19,000 for Cancer Wellness at Piedmont Henry.
Through Jan. 4
LOCUST GROVE — With a $1,000 donation from GBT Engineers, Mayor Robert Price and staff will make their way to Milledgeville Dec. 17 with presents for residents of Central State Hospital.
View Henry Herald TODAY online at: www.scbtv.com
Shop offers freshly roasted coffee and homemade desserts
McDONOUGH — After several months of rehabbing the small house on Griffin Street, Queen Bee Coffee Company has officially opened its doors.
McDONOUGH — The second hotdog fundraiser to benefit a Kroger grocery store employee will be held at Kroger on Jonesboro Rd. in McDonough, Saturday from 11 a..m. until 5 p.m.
If you ask me, I believe there are far too many walking wounded Christians.
McDONOUGH — It was the first-ever competitive run for 5-year-old Brandon Galloway, and despite cold temperatures he finished with a smile on his face and a bounce in his step in the Turkey Day Races on Thursday.
A list of happenings in the Henry County faith community.
McDONOUGH — Keijuan Perdue, Brittany Johnson, Kassie Franklin, Craig Nelms, Samantha Premdas, Charles Johnson and Danielle Readdy may still be in high school, but this week they got the opportunity to talk to state leaders about their future.
McDONOUGH — Gander Mountain announced Friday it will bring its outdoor specialty store to McDonough next spring.
McDONOUGH — Seventeen-year-old Bryan Ochoa was the class of the field in the Get Set Grow Bon Voyage 5K Saturday morning, crossing the finish line at 19.01.
Imagine how thankful Billy would be to be in a forever home for Thanksgiving. Billy gets ignored by potential adopters because he climbs the walls of his kennel and appears too rambunctious. However, once he gets out and has a few minutes to experience freedom, this big shepherd mix calms down nicely. He has been at the shelter since August, so his hyperactivity is understandable. To see Billy, ask about 8-29/2471 (G18) at the Henry County Animal Care and Control Shelter, 527 Hampton St. (Ga. Hwy. 20/81) McDonough. The shelter is open 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday. The shelter will be closed next Thursday-Sunday, but reopen on Monday, Dec. 2. Call 770-288-7387(PETS), or visit the website at www.petfinder.com. (Special Photo)
- Geranium Drop returning to McDonough Square
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: Oct. 5, 2012
- AROUND HENRY/Sept. 6, 2012: Scarecrow contest coming up
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Mobile Food Pantry, Friday, in McDonough
- AROUND HENRY/Aug. 17, 2012: Final points competition for Friday Night Drags
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Women's ministry treks to Warm Springs
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/ Aug. 7, 2012: Hampton City Council to meet
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/Aug. 1, 2012: BOC millage rate adjustment meeting is Wednesday
- AROUND HENRY: July 20, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kindness Works Christmas Party brings holiday joy
- Chiropractic office supports children’s shelter
- Heyward headlines ‘Real Men’ campaign
- Heartfelt gesture in Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society seeks volunteer drivers
- ClubCorp Charity Classic coming to Eagle’s Landing 1 comment
- Simpson Street home a neighborhood jewel
- Event raises money for singer’s childhood vision
- Legacy Build kicks off Sunday
- Friendship blossoms into charity