Top Henry County Community News stories
Ten-year Stockbridge resident Neat Robinson plans to bring better leadership to Stockbridge if elected a council member this November.
The Department of Public Health hosted a Client Appreciation event.
Henry County police find escaped inmate.
McDONOUGH — People First of Henry County is hosting a Walk-A-Thon Saturday.
More Henry County Community News
The community is invited to join Mount Carmel United Methodist Church, 1933 Mount Carmel Road in Hampton, for Bible Study on Sept. 14 at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
McDONOUGH — The Henry County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a September business boosters luncheon.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 1465 Ga. 20 West in McDonough, is hosting a volunteer information session and open house Sept. 5 at 10:30 a.m.
State Superintendent Richard Woods: Taking an honest assessment of where we are
In October, we’ll release student scores for the first year of the Georgia Milestones Assessment System — and I want to caution that scores will likely reflect a smaller percentage of students who are proficient than we have seen in previous years.
As the 2015-16 school year begins, every kindergarten and pre-kindergarten student in Georgia will receive a book to take home, an initiative organized by the Georgia Department of Education and partners of the Get Georgia Reading campaign.
Gov. Nathan Deal lauded for support of Henry County
The missing Labor Day race didn’t stop supporters of Speedway Children’s Charities from filling the Tara Ballroom to capacity Monday.
The nonprofit Caring for a Cause is planning a memorial 5K this month in honor of Jason Holland.
The damage led to a rally Monday involving Henry County law enforcement, NAACP and residents. Police acted quickly to make arrests, charging six young men — four juveniles and two adults — with criminal trespass
Glen Haven Baptist Church, 345 East Lake Road in McDonough, invites the community to hear Pastor Brady Howard Sept. 6 at the 8:15 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. services.
From 1821 to present day, Square remains gathering place for resident and visitors
McDONOUGH — As long as Henry County has existed, so has McDonough’s Historic Square.
McDONOUGH — Sculptor Andy Davis’ memory is living on through an arts foundation named in his honor.
Henry County restaurant health scores for the week of Aug. 24, 2015
Southern Regional Medical Center CEO Kim Ryan remembers leading Tulane Medical Center through Hurricane Katrina 10 years later
Southern Regional Medical Center CEO Kim Ryan knows where she’ll be Aug. 29 at 5 a.m. Tulane Medical Center
Ten days, ten years ago.
Schools experienced enrollment bump in storm aftermath
Many residents evacuated with hopes of returning soon enough to repair storm-battered homes, but they returned to destruction — wind-torn and molded homes still drying out from the flood.
Henry County Lifestyles
- McDonough charity run to benefit cancer-stricken youth
- McDonough Square represents nearly 200 years of city’s history | PHOTOS
- Cookies for Cans is service learning to feed the hungry
- Southern Regional Medical Center CEO Kim Ryan remembers leading Tulane Medical Center through Hurricane Katrina 10 years later
- Gulf Coast residents joined local communities following Hurricane Katrina
- Locals get scholarships, accolades
- Film speaks to 21st century education reform
- A step back in time: Visitors can tour the historic Jarrell Plantation to get a taste of farm life in the 1840s | PHOTOS
- Fire department honors heroic teacher
- September is Library Card Sign-up Month at Henry County libraries
Henry County Sports
- This Week in Football: Dutchtown has tools for revenge vs. Lovejoy
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: DUTCHTOWN AT LOVEJOY
- Ola kicker Cameron Corley would choose academics over football in a heartbeat
- ELHS boys, UG girls lead locals at Saucony Battle
- AMS requests date change for Folds of Honor 500
- Speedway Children's Charities raises money for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- LAST WEEK IN FOOTBALL: ELCA fights valiantly at Stockbridge, Locust Grove overcomes early deficit
- Eagle's Landing honors memory of late coach with season opening win over Union Grove
- Woodland grad earns opportunity to play for Brenau’s JV basketball squad
- Glory in playing high school football doesn’t rest solely on getting a college scholarship