But Bennie Fletcher doesn’t stay away long
At 76, Bennie Fletcher figured it was time to retire.
Proposed Code of Conduct revisions also up for debate
The Henry County Board of Education is expected to take action Monday on a proposal to decrease the number of proofs of residence required for enrollment.
Kids walking to schools in six different locations in Henry County now have an easier and safer way to get there thanks to the recent completion of Safe Routes to School projects at five elementary schools and one middle school.
Najee Goode, a linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles, spoke to students at Creekside Christian Academy on Friday.
Heru Kamau is your average nine year old with a love for pizza, chicken nuggets and video games but he’s a multi-time world and national karate champion one test away from receiving his black belt.
“And so they were married and lived happily ever after.”
About two dozens boys will trek into the past this weekend as they participate in commemorating the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday in Selma, Ala.
Community Bible Church, 2001 Jodeco Road in Stockbridge, will host a special celebration party March 28 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m.
MARTA officials let residents know a bit about how their fare cards work at a community forum at Center of Hope Ministries Thursday.
MARTA, local police departments expect to work closely to keep Clayton County safe from possible transit-related crime
County to initially receive 13 MARTA police officers
Clayton County commission Chairman Jeff Turner said Thursday after a meeting between MARTA and local police forces that he doesn’t think it is likely crime will increase majorly as a result of the transit authority.
Residents are invited to attend a free Community Health Fair and Clothes Drive March 14.
Ola’s junior class of football players participated in Read Across America Day. This is the first of a few community service projects head coach Jared Zito has planned for the spring.
Qualifies to compete again at state contest
Logan Witham was recently named winner of the District 5 Spelling Bee and will compete later this month at Georgia Association of Educators’ 2015 State Spelling Bee.
A question posed to Alton Head last year got him wondering.
School hosting new WGI Winds contest
Henry County Schools and Ola High will play host to the Winter Guard International Regional Winter Guard Competition this weekend.
- Geranium Drop returning to McDonough Square
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: Oct. 5, 2012
- AROUND HENRY/Sept. 6, 2012: Scarecrow contest coming up
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Mobile Food Pantry, Friday, in McDonough
- AROUND HENRY/Aug. 17, 2012: Final points competition for Friday Night Drags
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Women's ministry treks to Warm Springs
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/ Aug. 7, 2012: Hampton City Council to meet
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/Aug. 1, 2012: BOC millage rate adjustment meeting is Wednesday
- AROUND HENRY: July 20, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kindness Works Christmas Party brings holiday joy
- Chiropractic office supports children’s shelter
- Heyward headlines ‘Real Men’ campaign
- Heartfelt gesture in Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society seeks volunteer drivers
- ClubCorp Charity Classic coming to Eagle’s Landing 1 comment
- Simpson Street home a neighborhood jewel
- Event raises money for singer’s childhood vision
- Legacy Build kicks off Sunday
- Friendship blossoms into charity