Davis will create King statue for Georgia
“Placing a statue of Dr. King at the Capitol of his home state is a long overdue honor, and selecting an artist is an important step forward in this process,” said Gov. Nathan Deal in a press release. “I am confident that Andy Davis’ past works, including a statue of Ray Charles in the singer’s hometown of Albany, have prepared him well for this historic project.”
Henry residents can learn to ride a horse, go for trail rides at Luella Stables
McDONOUGH — Horses speak and its up to their riders to learn the language.
The City of Locust Grove is hosting Picnic in the Park July 3 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event is the kickoff to the July 4 holiday weekend. Residents can bring a picnic blanket and basket. There will be live music, games and a raffle for gift cards.
James Behrens column
Unity Baptist Church, 75 Valley Road in Stockbridge, is hosting a Proud to Be an American Christian Barbecue and Gospel Singing July 5 at 11 a.m.
Marinelle Simpson bestowed Women in American History Medal
The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution has awarded the Women in American History certificate and medal to Dr. Marinelle Simpson.
Camp set Aug. 22 in Stockbridge
The 2015 Camp Horizon, sponsored by the Sacred Journey Hospice Foundation, is a day camp for children age 6 to 16 who have experienced the death of a loved one.
How long have we been singing “God Bless America”?
STOCKBRIDGE — When thunderstorms moved through Molly Casey’s Stockbridge neighborhood last week, a bolt of lightening hit a transformer knocking out power to the community.
STOCKBRIDGE — Piedmont Henry Hospital is celebrating our nation’s birthday with a holiday blood drive.
McDONOUGH — The Henry County Rotary Club celebrated its 30th anniversary this month with a formal dinner at Crystal Lake Country Club.
Fourth annual celebration features Pan-American Games silver medalist Glenroy Hodge, former world boxing champion Xavier Toliver
The spirit of the Olympic Movement will roll into Stockbridge as USA Boxing teams with the Henry County Department of Parks and Recreation to host community photos and a “Fun Run” in celebration of Olympic Day.
Bethel United Methodist Church, 245 Fairview Road is Stockbridge, invites the community to join them for a chicken fry and bake sale June 27 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Forth of July celebrations are planned McDonough to celebrate the United States’ independence.
- EUGENE ROBINSON: The long shadow of racism
- Geranium Drop returning to McDonough Square
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: Oct. 5, 2012
- AROUND HENRY/Sept. 6, 2012: Scarecrow contest coming up
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Mobile Food Pantry, Friday, in McDonough
- AROUND HENRY/Aug. 17, 2012: Final points competition for Friday Night Drags
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Women's ministry treks to Warm Springs
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/ Aug. 7, 2012: Hampton City Council to meet
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/Aug. 1, 2012: BOC millage rate adjustment meeting is Wednesday
- AROUND HENRY: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kindness Works Christmas Party brings holiday joy
- Chiropractic office supports children’s shelter
- Heyward headlines ‘Real Men’ campaign
- Heartfelt gesture in Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society seeks volunteer drivers
- ClubCorp Charity Classic coming to Eagle’s Landing 1 comment
- Simpson Street home a neighborhood jewel
- Event raises money for singer’s childhood vision
- Legacy Build kicks off Sunday
- Friendship blossoms into charity