The Stockbridge City Council approved the purchase of 2.87 acres of property for $88,110 at its Monday night meeting for Phase 2 of its Reeves Creek Trail Project.
If 40,000 pounds of hot dogs were lined up around Atlanta Motor Speedway, they would circle the 1.54-mile track 19 times, according AMS President Ed Clark.
If we have as much power in the Holy Spirit as we Christians say we do, then chronic complaining should be among the last things on our to-do list.
1,000 Strong for Hands of Hope is underway.
The 11th annual Mr. & Miss Special Henry County Pageant will be held Saturday, July 27 at Salem Baptist Church.
This Saturday, the 36th annual Geranium Festival will draw huge crowds from all across Georgia to downtown McDonough to experience one of the biggest festivals the state has to offer.
Local cancer patient wants to help others
Eleven-year-old Briana Colin of Hampton has spent most of her life battling a disease that has once again reared its ugly head, and now she and her family are determined to do help others like her fight for their lives.
Grab your boots, dust off your cowboy hat and prepare for an evening of dancing, music and a bucking bull from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. at Southern Belle Farm.
Miles-for-Meals raised thousands of dollars to benefit Meals on Wheels
State representative also chosen for leadership institute
Residents from Clayton and Henry counties will have a chance to speak one-on-one with a member of the Georgia House of Representatives Thursday.
More than 1,000 walkers, runners, wheelchair riders and spectators gathered over the weekend for the American Cancer Society’s annual Relay For Life of Henry County.
Henry County Commission District V Safety and Protection Night will be held Thursday, May 28 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot of Home Depot, 65 Fairview Road in Ellenwood.
Courtney Lynn Smits may not be ready to “say yes to the dress,” but the teenage model is ready for her first high-profile magazine cover.
Grace Bible Class, at Glen Haven Baptist Church in McDonough, held a jubilee in the church gym April 20 to pay tribute to soldiers and veterans. More than 200 church members attended the event.
Group says Clayton’s urbanization a threat
Clayton County’s urbanization is helping to destroy one of its main natural resources, according to a new report on the health of the nation’s rivers.
- Geranium Drop returning to McDonough Square
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: Oct. 5, 2012
- AROUND HENRY/Sept. 6, 2012: Scarecrow contest coming up
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Mobile Food Pantry, Friday, in McDonough
- AROUND HENRY/Aug. 17, 2012: Final points competition for Friday Night Drags
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Women's ministry treks to Warm Springs
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/ Aug. 7, 2012: Hampton City Council to meet
- PEOPLE'S AGENDA/Aug. 1, 2012: BOC millage rate adjustment meeting is Wednesday
- AROUND HENRY: July 20, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kindness Works Christmas Party brings holiday joy
- Chiropractic office supports children’s shelter
- Heyward headlines ‘Real Men’ campaign
- Heartfelt gesture in Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society seeks volunteer drivers
- ClubCorp Charity Classic coming to Eagle’s Landing 1 comment
- Simpson Street home a neighborhood jewel
- Event raises money for singer’s childhood vision
- Legacy Build kicks off Sunday
- Friendship blossoms into charity