Top Henry County Lifestyles stories
Ten days, ten years ago.
Georgia Agriculture Commissioner Gary W. Black is alerting Georgians to the recall of certain frozen Cascadian Farm Cut Green Beans distributed in Georgia due to potential health risk.
Dominique has lots personality.
Registration now open to join ride
MORROW — Rev. Luis Ortiz, new pastor at Morrow First United Methodist Church, and others from the church will participate in “Ride for the Children,” a motorcycle ride mission.
For the week of September 21st through September 25th, all 421 Georgia high school football teams will have blue ribbon decals on their helmets. All coaches will be wearing blue wristbands and referees will be throwing blue penalty flags. Blue ribbons will be stenciled on the playing fields and public service announcements will be made during halftime.
More Henry County Lifestyles
Farms offering fresh-cut Christmas trees, holiday fun
STOCKBRIDGE — Allen and Susie Grant do more than grow and sell Christmas trees.
McDONOUGH — Hampton and Locust Grove are kicking off the holiday season Thanksgiving Day with the lighting of their Christmas trees.
Dozens of families turned out recently for an evening Thanksgiving play and dinner at Stockbridge Elementary.
School Notebook 11-21-15
Henry County Schools is again the beneficiary of “outstanding” business community support, school officials said this week.
Students politely interrupt Christina Phillips in search of more feedback sheets. One after another, they make the request.
Neon is a an active shepherd mix. He’s young and has the most engaging smile.
Milk omitted from ingredients list by manufacturer
Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta is alerting customers that Girl Scouts of the USA branded honey mustard pretzel mix sold during the fall 2015 product campaign has been recalled.
Parents, community encouraged to participate
Parents and community members will get another opportunity to meet informally with school district leaders this month to discuss any issue they so choose.
A group of students learned by doing recently on a day-long tour of North Georgia.
McDONOUGH — Gerri Davis teared up when she spoke about the Hood Street Art Center’s grand opening Saturday.
School Notebook 11-14-15
Henry County students have a chance to win up to $30,000 for college, a $50,000 grant for their school and be featured on Google.com’s homepage, according to officials with the Doodle 4 Google initiative.
Hundreds turned out Wednesday to celebrate the service and sacrifice of veterans everywhere.
BlazeSports America recognizes Georgians making an impact through adaptive sports at annual award ceremony.
Luella Middle celebrated Veterans Day with featured speaker retired Army Col. Scott Mahone.
A teacher’s work is never done.
Henry County Community News
- Pet of the Week — Naomi
- CHURCH BULLETIN: The Ole Country Church
- 'Tis the season: Local farms offering fresh-cut Christmas trees, holiday fun | PHOTOS
- AAA offers free tow-to-go program during holiday weekend
- Hampton, Locust Grove lighting Christmas trees Thursday
- School, students give thanks
- Black Friday begins early for many area retailers
- Better Business Bureau offers guide to gifting and giving
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR: Hampton Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Henry County restaurant health scores for 11/14/15-11/23/15
Henry County News
- Hampton kicks off season with lighting of Christmas tree
- Henry County Sheriff's Office daily arrest log 112715 | DOCUMENT
- Happy Thanksgiving from the Herald
- Henry County Sheriff's Office daily arrest log 112615 | DOCUMENT
- Area twins close out senior football seasons together
- Family of slain woman speaks out
- Proposed budget cuts not favored by Stockbridge council
- Most wanted in Henry County
- Riverdale teenager faces charges after allegedly hijacking vehicle
- Henry County Sheriff's Office daily arrest log 112515 | DOCUMENT
Henry County Commentary
- CAL THOMAS: Massacre in Paris
- CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Skip the investigations, win the election
- THOMAS: John Boehner: Then and now
- ROBINSON: How to compete against Trump?
- ROBINSON: ‘Twas the week before the GOP debate
- THOMAS: Obama, you're no Ronald Reagan
- ROBINSON: An imperfect deal, but better than the alternative
- THOMAS: There should be no sanctuary from the law
- Baltimore’s problems not rooted in racist police
- CAL THOMAS: Unruly Britannia