Henry residents can learn to ride a horse, go for trail rides at Luella Stables
McDONOUGH — Horses speak and its up to their riders to learn the language.
Marinelle Simpson bestowed Women in American History Medal
The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution has awarded the Women in American History certificate and medal to Dr. Marinelle Simpson.
Camp set Aug. 22 in Stockbridge
The 2015 Camp Horizon, sponsored by the Sacred Journey Hospice Foundation, is a day camp for children age 6 to 16 who have experienced the death of a loved one.
STOCKBRIDGE — When thunderstorms moved through Molly Casey’s Stockbridge neighborhood last week, a bolt of lightening hit a transformer knocking out power to the community.
School bus drivers should be in better standing when rubber hits road this August — compared to years past in Henry County Schools.
School Notebook 6-27-15
School officials reported that two Dutchtown High Air Force JROTC cadets have completed the 2015 Southeast Region Air Force JROTC Cadet Officer Leadership Course with unparalleled successes.
Eddie Starrett was the first to leap on top of the roof to finish the project.
McDONOUGH — The Henry County Players acting troupe is wrapping up its 2015 season this week with “The Little Princess.”
The Clayton News and Henry Herald newspaper staff recently made a visit to Jekyll Island. Here are a few of their photos from the weekend trip.
New leadership is on the way to six public schools in Henry County.
Clayton State University’s main campus is abuzz with activity this summer.
School officials have tentative plans to host three public hearings regarding the millage rate for education.
STOCKBRIDGE — Bridgeview Country Cooking is one part Cheers and three parts Mayberry Diner.
Volunteers sought, can work from home
Mere days after a gunman claimed nine lives at Emmanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church — an historically black church in Charleston, S.C., built out of the ambition of the abolitionist movement — a new movement is afoot.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'