School Notebook 10-31-14
Communities in Schools of Henry County is raising funds for its cause to improve the county’s graduation rats and educational outcomes for local students.
McDONOUGH — The good news is, early risers will have morning sunlight when their alarms go off Monday morning. The bad news is, the sun will start setting by the end of the work day.
An estimated 800 people attended Haven House’s Second Annual Hail To The Ale Fest fundraiser at Heritage Park Saturday.
McDonough Arts Alliance's City Cemetery tours draw rave reviews from Henry County residents | PHOTOS
Attendees praise information about county’s history
An estimated 500 people attended the McDonough Art Alliance’s history-based McDonough City Cemetery tours over the weekend.
Gulliver is a young male shepherd mix who may still be at the shelter because he barks when someone approaches his kennel.
Thousands of people flocked to Southern Belle Farm Saturday for its annual Farm Heritage Day festivities.
McDonough resident John Rapp has gone all out with his Halloween display to keep drivers on Jonesboro Street entertained while they sit in traffic.
The Spirits of McDonough City Cemetery Tour will tell the history of the town this weekend.
Planning meeting set for Oct. 29
McDONOUGH — Although temperatures are still warm and trees are just beginning to lose their leaves, the folks with Connecting Henry are already starting to see visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads as they prepare to make sure Christmas is bright for area children in need.
Henry County Thinks Pink
McDONOUGH — Southern Belle Farm welcomes people to come experience a blast from the past this weekend at their sixth annual Farm Heritage Day and Antique Tractor and Engine Show.
McDONOUGH — The ghosts of Rose Parks and Susan B. Anthony came out of resting this weekend to help the women of Henry County stand up for their rights in a modern-day society this weekend.
STOCKBRIDGE — Once again, the fountain in front of Stockbridge City Hall will turn pink to save the ta-tas.
Perry gets nod over Rihanna and Coldplay
Pop star Katy Perry will provide the halftime entertainment for Super Bowl XLIX, multiple media outlets reported Thursday.
The CDC says about 150 people from three African nations where Ebola has broken out enter the U.S. daily
Air travelers from Guinea, Liberia and Sieraa Leone will undergo screening at five major U.S. airports, including Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'