The men were greeted with cheers and the wafting scent of the breakfast buffet in the corner.
School districts strapped for cash and burdened with finding individuals to fill vacant bus driver positions may have to find new ways to recruit.
Text updates give school bus riders route status
Families looking to stay informed of school bus delays in the Henry County School System just got a new tool to help them.
United Way of Greater Atlanta has partnered with FedEx, FOX 5 and others for Project Overcoat, a coat and blanket drive for men, women and children in need.
The Andrew McBride Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution has recognized Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers for properly flying Old Glory.
School Notebook 1-28-15
Nominations for the 2015 Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program will be accepted Jan. 30 - March 13 at kohlskids.com.
Air rifle team takes first in Area 12 Championships
Precision air riflery is back on top at Stockbridge High.
Ahead of the much anticipated blizzard in the Northeastern United States this week, Matt Glendinning, the principal at Moses Brown School in Providence, R.I., announced his school’s snow day with his own “Let It Go” parody, “School Is Closed.”
Leesburg native files contract compaint with California state government
Saying he is “grateful for the opportunities” American Idol afforded him, Phillip Phillips is suing to gain control of his career.
Haylee Hammond of McDonough is one of 96 men and women pledging to perform 10 months of national service as part of the Atlantic Region’s 21st Class of the National Civilian Community Corps.
The fifth time is a charm for Kathleen Mabutin.
There were three restaurants evaluated in Henry County from Jan. 10-16.
Floor & Decor opens this month at 1120 Town Center Village Drive in McDonough. (Special Photo)
District observes Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Henry County Schools observes Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Sunbrook Academy has opened its new Stockbridge location at 5006 Ga. 155 North.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'