Atlanta Festival Ballet, area residents to perform ‘The Nutcracker’
Residents will not have to go far to enjoy a holiday classic — ‘The Nutcracker,’ performed by Atlanta Festival Ballet.
Goodwill of North Georgia has a new career center to serve the Southern Crescent.
NFL announced late Sunday — after rumors swirled for weeks — that the pop star will headline the Pepsi Super Bowl halftime show on Feb. 1 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona. It will air on NBC.
Dutchtown Elementary media specialist Janet Youmans is the recipient of one of five Professional Association of Georgia Educators Professional Scholarships sponsored by the PAGE Foundation.
Some kids stuffed their faces with bite-sized portions of popcorn and fruit as their parents hugged them goodbye.
School Notebook 11-21-14
A fundraiser called “I Love Henry” is set for Saturday on the McDonough Square.
Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as "The Graduate," ''Angels in America" and "Monty Python's Spamalot," has died. He was 83.
People magazine has named Chris Hemsworth the "Sexiest Man Alive" of 2014, cheering the Australian actor's rise as hammer-wielding, bone fide hunk in the "Thor" films.
Several hotels are already full during traditionally slow week for hospitality industry
McDonough officials are expecting a huge tourism economic impact from this weekend’s Miss Georgia USA pageant.
Libraries open Monday, Tuesday during Thanksgiving Break
The kids arrived bundled in layers of clothes and left much the same with their mothers in tow.
Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity is known in the south metro Atlanta region for its works in helping place residents in homes.
A star-studded lineup of young and seasoned rockers took to the stage of Atlanta's venerable Fox Theatre Wednesday night to honor Lynyrd Skynyrd, the band that fomented the Southern rock genre and was a 1970s radio staple.
Students and parents stood along the sidewalk watching as firefighters pulled one of their own from a mangled car and placed him on a stretcher.
Families flock to McDonough Square to see ‘The Grinch’
Families crowded the McDonough Square over the weekend for McDonough Arts’ annual Holiday Arts Festival.
World War II veterans get special honors during festivities
Stockbridge leaders rolled out the red carpet for military veterans old and young alike during the city’s Veterans Day parade and luncheon Tuesday.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'