The 11th annual Mr. & Miss Special Henry County Pageant will be held Saturday, July 27 at Salem Baptist Church.
Nekisha Dickerson gave her personal trainer, Don Wisby, an exasperated look Friday when he jokingly asked her to do another set of leg raises at the end of their first training session at Workout Anytime Fitness.
McDONOUGH — Locust Grove High School teacher Abbey Brown and her husband Ben Brown were browsing in a local shop when he saw a chandelier he liked.
Local cancer patient wants to help others
Eleven-year-old Briana Colin of Hampton has spent most of her life battling a disease that has once again reared its ugly head, and now she and her family are determined to do help others like her fight for their lives.
STOCKBRIDGE — For the last three years, Lawrence Murphey has been perfecting the art of building bird houses. He can build one in about 15 minutes.
McDONOUH— The Henry County Chamber’s Belles, Bulls and Buck$ reverse raffle is going to be a boot-kicking, bull-riding affair at Southern Belle Farm Friday.
More entries needed
McDONOUGH — Stilettos and combat boots. Crowns and military helmets. The Geranium Festival Pageant and the American Legion join forces to help raise funds for wounded warriors Saturday at 12 p.m.
McDONOUGH — Film is a labor of love.
Courtney Lynn Smits may not be ready to “say yes to the dress,” but the teenage model is ready for her first high-profile magazine cover.
Grace Bible Class, at Glen Haven Baptist Church in McDonough, held a jubilee in the church gym April 20 to pay tribute to soldiers and veterans. More than 200 church members attended the event.
Lot of weekend events planned for Henry
McDONOUGH — Henry County gives back to its community Saturday with its 15th annual Hands on Henry day of service. Projects range from planting flowers, cleaning and sprucing up facilities and grounds and basic landscaping at places such as local non-profits, schools, churches and cemeteries.
McDONOUGH - Who makes the best pound cake in Henry County? The second annual "Tastiest Pound Cake Contest" will reveal the answer during the McDonough Arts Spring ArtFest Sunday, April 21. The festival runs 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
HAMPTON — It’s almost time to walk into the past. A Walk in the Past Festival will be coming to Nash Farm Park April 27 and 28.
McDONOUGH — Southern Belle Farm eagerly awaits the beginning of a new season with an abundance of strawberries ripe for the picking.
MCDONOUGH — Chris Scott, a local a thespian of more than 20 years, is taking on her greatest challenge yet. Scott will be directing Lorraine Hansberry’s “A Raisin in the Sun” for the first time.
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
- Lovejoy starts cross ministry as ‘quiet yet powerful’ message
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'