McDONOUGH — When Barb Silvers says she collects Santas, she really means it.
Jodeco Road United Methodist Church brings out deeper meaning of Christmas with live nativity trail | VIDEO | PHOTOS
Jodeco Road United Methodist Church in Stockbridge celebrated the Christmas season with its annual two-night live nativity trail over the weekend.
Henry County Schools’ Work-Based Learning initiative is dedicated to providing high school students with valuable work experience and career guidance.
Susan Crumbley happily greeted visitors and showed them around the expansive warehouse stopping periodically at the rows of toys to be donated to some of the area’s needy families.
The nonprofit Connecting Henry Inc. recently received a Speedway Children’s Charities grant to support its GED program.
Monday marks 75th anniversary of film’s premiere in Atlanta
The Road to Tara Museum in Jonesboro is one of three sites on the state’s “Gone With The Wind” Trail that will offer a 75-cent admission price in honor of the film’s 75th anniversary Monday.
The mother out to a standing ovation — her son’s image projected on a large screen above her head, behind her.
Ola High senior Lindsay Williford is the October Work-Based Learning Student of the Month
School Notebook 12-12-14
Hampton residents Sharonnda Latimore and Madison Case were recently instated into the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.
Severn teens and their parents turned out for Youth Summit at Eagle’s Landing Middle.
Southern Crescent Technical College recently conducted its fall 2014 semester National Technical Honor Society Induction ceremony, inducting 44 area students.
A school closure and land sales and acquisitions topped a list of several actions taken by the Henry County Board of Education during its regular meeting Monday.
Ola Middle is making a name for itself around the state, particularly in circles affiliated with the Georgia Junior Beta Club.
BOE votes to close and repurpose elementary school in Henry
The Henry County Board of Education voted 4-1 to close and re-purpose McDonough Elementary as the district’s alternative school.
One-day event introduces students to career opportunities
Local middle schoolers got the chance to see their potential futures recently during a one-day career and college expo at Austin Road Middle.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'