At 81, Betty Gecoma has no plans of slowing down
STOCKBRIDGE — When Betty Gecoma’s husband broke his arm more than 20 years ago, they didn’t even know where the hospital was located.
A self-portrait of host Ellen DeGeneres and stars including Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper taken during Hollywood's annual Academy Awards ceremony on Sunday quickly became the most shared photo ever on Twitter.
The slavery drama “12 Years a Slave” won the Academy Award for best picture on Sunday, making history as the first movie from a black director to win the film industry’s highest honor in 86 years of the Oscars.
Shimmering metallics, bold jewel tones and newcomer Lupita Nyong'o led the style at this year's Oscars red carpet, as actresses shunned runway trends to showcase colors and silhouettes inspired by Hollywood's golden age.
After maintaining a low profile from what she has described as a trying time, Albany native Paula Deen is clearly back on the rise.
LOCUST GROVE —Mardi Gras will be making its way to Henry County this weekend and will transform the French Market and Tavern into a New Orleans Masquerade.
Memphis Belle arrives in metro Atlanta
Flights are available this weekend on the historic WWII bomber.
Blind for more than half his life, William Lowary draws on memory to paint
McDONOUGH —While most artists rely on their eyes to create art, William Lowary relies on his memory.
McDONOUGH — If anyone lost a glass slipper recently, the Henry Players can help locate it this week.
Nearly 60 voluntered after damaging ice storm
LOCUST GROVE — This weekend the community banded together to help keep Noah’s Ark floating.
LOCUST GROVE — Coincidentally enough, Noah’s Ark is flooding.
Austin Freeman, 10, has been battling cancer for nearly a year
McDONOUGH — Austin Freeman has two more chemotherapy treatments left in his year-long battle against Ewings Sarcoma.
STOCKBRIDGE —The Bruce Holmes Youth Foundation, yet again, made strives to change lives last week.
STOCKBRIDGE — The Commissioner Bruce Holmes Youth Foundation Chargers AAU basketball tryouts for all middle through high school young men will be held Feb. 22 and Feb. 23 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Fairview Recreation Center.
Pur[Shoe]ing Joy: McDonough resident Shelby Ausband starts nonprofit collecting shoes for families in Guatemala
McDonough resident Shelby Ausband starts nonprofit collecting shoes for families in Guatemala
McDONOUGH — When Shelby Ausband’s college spring break plans fell through last year, she opted to travel with family friends to Guatemala.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'