School Notebook 05-23-15
Dutchtown High’s agriscience department plan to host a final plant sale of the school year, May 26-27.
Students registered early this month for the kindergarten program at New Hope Elementary
Vickie Mullins was featured during the senior awards ceremony Sunday at Ola High.
Festival a hit in Henry County
Organizers estimate as many as 100 students competed in this year’s county-wide chess tournament.
School Notebook 5-16-15
This is the season of renewal and progress, and thousands in the region are excelling in or graduating from their various programs of study.
Students congregated inside the former aircraft hangar, where the walls have been painted black and the mechanical equipment has been replaced by bright studio lights.
A pair of local high schools have garnered national recognition.
Residents officially have a tentative fiscal year 2016 budget to review from the Henry County Board of Education.
Much to my surprise, today’s recipe, mixed berry punch, is the perfect mixture of sweet and tart in a glass, or in a punch bowl, depending on how many people you are serving.
Talented and gifted kindergartners at Pate’s Creek Elementary take part in the Third Annual Author’s Tea.
As we approach Mother’s Day I find that this saying is quite fitting: “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”
Hampton High hosted an impromptu, student-led candlelight vigil Wednesday night.
The Henry County Board of Education is expected vote Monday on a tentative budget for fiscal year 2016, and it includes pay increases for most employees.
Congressman Jody Hice took a tour May 8, of Henry County Schools’ Academy for Advanced Studies.
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- Children’s plays to tell the story of Christmas
- 'Customer service doesn't end at work'
- Festival draws crowds at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist
- Couple married nearly 74 years
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
- Clayton, Henry small ministries making big impact
- Sock monkeys for Jesus
- Training aimed at keeping churches safe
- 5K walk set for Saturday
Food and Recipes
- Chevy’s Diner and Pub to become KirbyG’s 2 comments
- St. Patty’s Day Crawl set for Saturday
- Girl Scouts collect books to help kids
- Fresh fruit, vegetable sales ongoing in McDonough
- COUPON QUEEN: Retailers weigh in on coupon etiquette
- Just Loaf’n returns to Stockbridge
- COUPON QUEEN: Shopping with one eye on the other guy’s cart 1 comment
- Dinner, kisses, flowers, stir emotions of love
- COUPON QUEEN: The reality behind ‘extreme couponing’
- COUPON QUEEN: Breaking bad: When shoppers abuse coupons
Home and Garden
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- Arbor Day tree giveaway Friday
- Master Gardeners host tour of Henry County gardens
- Volunteers, park staff renovate Stone Pavilion
- Annual seedling giveaway set for Friday
- Patrick Henry garden offers interactive science lessons
- Clayton State recycling program flourishes
- McDonough group hosts ‘Millard Fuller Legacy Build’
- Garden group hosts 'Assisted Living Day'