If we have as much power in the Holy Spirit as we Christians say we do, then chronic complaining should be among the last things on our to-do list.
Heritage Baptist Church at 1843 Peeksville Road in Locust Grove will host Christmas plays this Sunday and Dec. 16 at 6 p.m.
Fast food manager helps stranded motorist
McDonald's swing manager Justin Collier headed home from work recently, pulling off Hudson Bridge Road onto I-75 southbound for the familiar journey to Locust Grove where he lives with his parents.
Carnival rides brought smiles to hundreds of children in costumes at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist Church, 2400 Ga. 42 North in McDonough, for a Family Fall Festival Wednesday.
McDONOUGH — It is by their faith in God that one McDonough couple has reached nearly three quarters of a century in wedded bliss.
Dr. Betty Brittain continues educational legacy
STOCKBRIDGE - Henry County’s Betty Brittain, Ed.D., loves children. In fact, she spent her career as a public school teacher in the Clayton County school system shaping minds and molding character.
Driving through Clayton and Henry counties, you can see a church building on practically every corner.
Bethel Baptist women honor friend’s memory, minister to children
When Carolyn Dukes, a long-time member of Bethel Baptist Church in Jonesboro, passed away unexpectedly in March, nobody would have predicted that her memory would live on with a Sock Monkey ministry — but it has.
Registration is under way for the Church Safety and Security Program scheduled for Thursday, May 17, at 7 p.m., in the auditorium of the Henry County Sheriff’s Office, located at 120 Henry Pkwy., in McDonough.
One Heart Community Church, at 40 Mays Road in Stockbridge, will hold an Annual Missions 5K Walk. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. Saturday.
For members of Lovejoy First Baptist Church, the cross is a daily reminder of the sacrifice Jesus made for the world. Since 2010, volunteers have built thousands of small wooden crosses and gave them away free so Christians everywhere can display the “quiet yet powerful” message that they believe in God.
Combat pending shortfalls elsewhere, pastors urge
Several church pastors, mindful of the possibility of reducing funding for the Henry County police and fire departments, have told county commissioners to leave first responders alone.
Items of interest from local houses of worship.
Easter sunrise services, Easter egg hunts, and various other observances will be conducted throughout this week.
Churches announce Easter-themed events
Items of interest for those who attend houses of worship or who are considering it.
- Real men bake pound cake
- Ola High presents Beauty and the Beast Jr.
- Students with artistic talent wanted
- Hollywood buzz lights up downtown McDonough
- Christmas with the Arts Dec. 2 in McDonough
- Bringing art to a wider audience
- Preserving history for the future’s sake
- Grab your partner: Calling all square dancers to Henry County
- Cinema on the Green brings community together
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
Henry County Lifestyles
- Georgia schools chief visits Henry County college, career academy
- Youth Leadership Henry to host a career fair April 25
- State Superintendent Richard Woods visits Academy for Advanced Studies
- Earlene Crump appointed as director of discipline and safety
- Luella High’s John Wood named finalist for 2016 Georgia Teacher of the Year
- Art teacher John Wood of Luella High named Georgia Teacher of the Year finalist
- Taste of Henry bringing community together for good cause
- Spring plant sale at Eagle’s Landing High
- Community gathers on the McDonough Square to celebrate Easter with Griffin First Assembly
- Eagle’s Landing Middle choirs perform in large group evaluations