If we have as much power in the Holy Spirit as we Christians say we do, then chronic complaining should be among the last things on our to-do list.
Heritage Baptist Church at 1843 Peeksville Road in Locust Grove will host Christmas plays this Sunday and Dec. 16 at 6 p.m.
Fast food manager helps stranded motorist
McDonald's swing manager Justin Collier headed home from work recently, pulling off Hudson Bridge Road onto I-75 southbound for the familiar journey to Locust Grove where he lives with his parents.
Carnival rides brought smiles to hundreds of children in costumes at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist Church, 2400 Ga. 42 North in McDonough, for a Family Fall Festival Wednesday.
McDONOUGH — It is by their faith in God that one McDonough couple has reached nearly three quarters of a century in wedded bliss.
Dr. Betty Brittain continues educational legacy
STOCKBRIDGE - Henry County’s Betty Brittain, Ed.D., loves children. In fact, she spent her career as a public school teacher in the Clayton County school system shaping minds and molding character.
Driving through Clayton and Henry counties, you can see a church building on practically every corner.
Bethel Baptist women honor friend’s memory, minister to children
When Carolyn Dukes, a long-time member of Bethel Baptist Church in Jonesboro, passed away unexpectedly in March, nobody would have predicted that her memory would live on with a Sock Monkey ministry — but it has.
Registration is under way for the Church Safety and Security Program scheduled for Thursday, May 17, at 7 p.m., in the auditorium of the Henry County Sheriff’s Office, located at 120 Henry Pkwy., in McDonough.
One Heart Community Church, at 40 Mays Road in Stockbridge, will hold an Annual Missions 5K Walk. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. Saturday.
For members of Lovejoy First Baptist Church, the cross is a daily reminder of the sacrifice Jesus made for the world. Since 2010, volunteers have built thousands of small wooden crosses and gave them away free so Christians everywhere can display the “quiet yet powerful” message that they believe in God.
Combat pending shortfalls elsewhere, pastors urge
Several church pastors, mindful of the possibility of reducing funding for the Henry County police and fire departments, have told county commissioners to leave first responders alone.
Items of interest from local houses of worship.
Easter sunrise services, Easter egg hunts, and various other observances will be conducted throughout this week.
Churches announce Easter-themed events
Items of interest for those who attend houses of worship or who are considering it.
- Real men bake pound cake
- Ola High presents Beauty and the Beast Jr.
- Students with artistic talent wanted
- Hollywood buzz lights up downtown McDonough
- Christmas with the Arts Dec. 2 in McDonough
- Bringing art to a wider audience
- Preserving history for the future’s sake
- Grab your partner: Calling all square dancers to Henry County
- Cinema on the Green brings community together
- CinderSilly takes children, adults on dramatic adventures
Henry County Lifestyles
- Henry Players find a permanent home, prepare for new musical
- Officials: college students are targets in emerging tax refund scam
- School orchestras perform in GMEA evaluations
- Smith-Barnes to host dances, fundraisers
- Nonprofit group to host Golden Hammer Awards
- Henry County Schools reports its School Climate ratings
- Smith-Barnes parent seeks to curtail school bus misbehaving
- Area education leaders participate in Future Ready Regional Summit
- Area youth place well in 4-H contests
- Pleasant Grove Elementary robotics team pursues project to print 3D prosthesis for disabled peers