The Hampton City Council passed an ordinance pertaining to the city’s zoning map, and the inclusion of mixed-use developments and apartment complexes angered many Hampton residents.
The Office of the Medical Investigator positively identified the remains found earlier this month at the compound in New Mexico as that belonging to Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj.
The event will benefit Friends of Disabled Adults and Children. The nonprofit helps children and adults with injuries and disabilities regain their mobility, independence and quality of life.
The next meeting of the SPLOST V committee will be held next Thursday, Aug. 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the Nash Farm Park Activity Barn in Hampton, located at 4361 Jonesboro Road.
Swofford, one of six bids received, was the lowest bidder with $11 million. Josh Malcom, executive director of Facilities of Maintenance, said the district had good participation.
The Stockbridge City Council, at the request of City Manager Randy Knighton, pushed back a decision on an adjustment to their parking ordinance.
Fulton County Superior Court Judge Doris Downs had released Myrick into the Visions Unlimited (of Georgia), LLC residential program two and a half years into a seven-year sentence. However, the company’s Georgia Corporations license was administratively dissolved on Dec. 7, 2016.
- Southwest DeKalb shuts out Woodland in season opener
- Hampton tops Fayette County for season-opening win
- Dutchtown defense blanks Langston Hughes to kick off season
- Locust Grove blows out Jackson to kick off season
- Eastside sours Ola’s home opener with 42-17 victory
- Desmond's 5 RBIs help Rockies rout Braves, 11-5
Breaking News Alerts
Get Breaking News alerts from Henry Herald delivered to your email.
Local news headlines from Henry Herald.
Sports headlines from Henry Herald.
- 6 million Georgia voters' records exposed: 'Could have easily been compromised'
- Former President Barack Obama endorses Stacey Abrams for Governor of Georgia
- Rep. John Lewis hospitalized after falling ill on plane
- The Stacey Abrams primary: Democrats weighing 2020 runs are rushing to Georgia
- Geoff Duncan leads David Shafer by slim margin in Republican runoff for lieutenant governor
- Georgia lawmaker who came under fire after yelling racial slur on TV resigns