StockbridgeOfficialLogo.jpg

STOCKBRIDGE – The Stockbridge City Council has announced a special called meeting for Monday.

The council will meet on Monday, July 15 at 4 p.m. in the Stockbridge City Council chambers on the second floor of Stockbridge City Hall, located at 4640 North Henry Blvd. in Stockbridge.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the Service Delivery Strategy between the cities and Henry County, as well as a proposed SPLOST V agreement.

At last Tuesday’s Henry County Board of Commissioners meeting, the board approved a 75/25 revenue split for the proposed fifth iteration of the SPLOST sales tax, with 75% of the sales tax revenue going to the county and 25% being split between the four cities.

As part of that approval, the four cities are required to send in a project list and approve an intergovernmental agreement with the county by July 19.

However, the cities have asked for a different split, a 70/30 revenue split, which would give 70% of the revenue to the county and the remaining 30% to be distributed between the four cities.

Government Reporter

A native of Hampton, Georgia, Joe Adgie has worked for the Valdosta Daily Times, Clayton News, Rockdale Citizen and Newton Citizen. Adgie joined the Henry Herald in April 2018.

Stay Informed