A native of Dallas, Texas, Mr. Edward Lonnie Hancock, was born on June 23, 1923.
On September 6, 1943 he enlisted in The United States Navy and served until January 19, 1946. He then began a career as an air traffic controller that culminated in thirty years of service.
Ed and his late wife, Maxine were married for 49 years and were charter members of the Canongate 1 Country Club. He became a golfer with a par handicap and continued to play up until three years ago.
He was a realtor and Associate Real Estate Broker. He was very proud of his mental acuity even as he approached 100 years.
He is survived by his step-daughter, Rachel Ann Shattah , the daughter of his first wife, Gledys Louise Gardner, who he considered and always introduced as his daughter. He had a picture in his wallet to remind them both that she was his daughter.
A graveside service will be held at 4PM Sunday, at Riverside Cemetery for invited guests.
Carmichael Funeral Home, Smyrna, in charge of arrangements.Arrangements by Carmichael Funeral Home
To plant a tree in memory of Edward Hancock as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Brad Keselowski wins NASCAR race at Charlotte after late restart
- Locust Grove alum Meagan Pildner enjoys stellar debut season at Point University
- Union Grove grad Emily Coltharp's big season includes leading Southern Conference in batting
- Tiger Woods, Peyton Manning edge Phil Mickelson, Tom Brady as $20M is raised for coronavirus relief
- Report: No students, no sports at Michigan
- Location and design approved for proposed widening of Georgia Highway 42 in Locust Grove
- Many Henry County facilities reopen following two-month coronavirus closure
- Georgia Department of Public Health to hold pop-up testing coronavirus testing event in Stockbridge
- COMMENTARY: Piedmont Henry has met the COVID-19 challenge, continues to focus on patient care
- Henry County celebrates Class of 2020 Day
- Stockbridge facilities remain closed due to coronavirus pandemic
- Georgia High School Association: Athletes can resume conditioning at school June 8
- Eagle's Landing, McDonough earn Georgia High School Association Cooperative Spirit Sportsmanship Award
- Gregory Tyree Boyce, 'Twilight' actor, found dead with girlfriend
- Covington resident Peggy Howard is 10,000th person in health district tested for COVID-19